Friday, November 4, 2011

... And not much to show for it

Day 3 and not much to show for it.  It's not that I didn't work on my new 14th c. bag project - I did for a couple of hours.

There are some parts of any project that are just not as much fun as others - dare I say "tedious"?  Swatching and sampling fall in that category.  I got out my needles and yarn and worked up a swatch.  I confirmed that my gauge with 000 needles and 20/2 spun silk is 12 stitches to the inch - pretty far away from the originals at 18 stitches per inch.  I also confirmed that I really need those new glasses (eye doctor appointment next Tuesday).  Also got some practice in picking up dropped stitches - which would have been easier if I could have seen more clearly. 

What I ended up with was a tiny swatch a little less than two inches square and the fact that I need smaller needles and finer yarn.  Next: the search for 00000 needles...

No comments:

Post a Comment